Communicate your intent to meet the team criteria and receive team event communications by filling out a brief online form at: https://goo.gl/forms/6oQaH4HgQqsuKAmG2
2019 ABAM Provincial 3D Team Program
The intent of the ABAM Provincial Team Program is:
- To strive for excellence, provide our athletes the means and avenues to achieve our goals.
- To prepare Manitoba Archers to compete in Provincial, National, and International events.
- To Identify/Select a pool of archers to field teams for Canadian Championships & International Competitions.
- To provide sufficient funding/development programs for archers dedicated to the Provincial Team programs.
- To promote the sport of archery.
- To be a positive ambassador for Sport Manitoba and the ABAM.
Provincial 3-D Team General Criteria
- The Provincial Team Program is open to all ABAM Members in good standing and who are permanent residents of Manitoba.
- Manitoba Archers attending a post-secondary institution outside Manitoba are eligible to apply for the Provincial Team.
- Team members must sign an ABAM Athlete Contract, and submit team registration form. Team registration is open beginning Sept 1/2018, and ending May 3/2019
- Team members will demonstrate commitment to the team by attending team meetings, practice sessions, and fundraising events when called to do so.
- Team members must participate in a minimum of 4 volunteer hours/year. This can include assisting in tournament organization, fundraising activities, working the ABAM booth at events, or other events as determined by the Team Manager/VP Athlete Development.
- Applications must define the archers’ shooting category based on the Archery Canada categories for the entire season.
- Athletes must be a Provincial Team member to receive support and services provided by the Provincial Team Program.
- A parent or guardian must accompany Team members under 18 years of age to go to out of Province events (Guardian/Parent is self-funded) (exceptions Canada Games, Western Canada Summer Games etc.).
- Athletes not abiding by ABAM conduct standards as stated in the Provincial Team Athletes Contract may be subject to disciplinary action.
- Participation in Provincial Indoor & Outdoor 3-D Championships is mandatory for all team members. If an athlete is unable to attend a provincial championship, they must submit in writing a reasonable cause for non-attendance to the office for review by the Team Leader at least two weeks in advance of the event. In the event of non-attendance based on extenuating circumstances, the athlete is responsible to submit in writing a reasonable cause for non-attendance within two weeks of the events completion. Failure to comply may result loss of travel support funding.
- Values of Funding are based on anticipated expenses for attending the annual Canadian National Archery Championships. This funding is based on estimated costs for team members travelling with the team based on 3 team members per vehicle, and 2 team members per hotel room. Team Members are required to own a current ABAM Provincial Team shirt. Individuals that are accepted to the team for the first time may be eligible to receive one shirt from the ABAM free of charge.
- Team uniforms must be worn at provincial, national, and state championships during opening, closing and medal ceremonies. Team uniforms must also be worn for the duration of competition on the first day of competition for all funded events. Failure to comply will result in loss of funding for that event.
- Team members must submit a signed copy of the Athlete Agreement, Team Registration Form, Team Registration fee at the time of their registration.
- Travel and accommodation arrangements may be made by the ABAM for qualified Provincial Team Members attending funded events, who are traveling and staying with the team. All other travel arrangements/costs are the responsibility of the individual Team Member.
- Team Members must submit their scores to the Team leader, be filled out completely showing the category, division, date, and location of the event.
- Funding amounts will be recommended by the 3D Committee and determined per event by the executive committee. Funding levels will be made available to team members following end of the event qualification period.
2018-2019 ABAM 3-D Team Levels
The goal of the ABAM 3-D Local Team is to support, and encourage new team members to participate in local 3-D events, while working to grow their skills and progress in the sport.
The focus will be on encouraging participation in local events, and the ABAM Provincial championships.
Team resources include Event Flighting with likeminded archers, the chance to shoot with and learn from experienced team members, and discounted rates at all ABAM sanctioned events.
Local Team Selection Criteria:
Achieve 3 scores that exceed the MQS at any ABAM Club or the Provincial Outdoor 3-D Championship.
Attend 5 ABAM Club level events within the qualification period.
Team Registration Fee-$50
The goal of the ABAM 3-D Regional Team is to support, and develop team members who wish to grow their involvement in 3-D beyond local events.
The focus will be on encouraging competition in Club Level events, ABAM Provincial championships, and select regionally important events in SK, AB, and ND.
Team resources include event flighting with likeminded archers, the chance to shoot with and learn from other team members, and discounted rates at all ABAM sanctioned events. Opportunity to participate in team fundraising activities, and access funds raised to attend select funded events.
Regional Team members will receive funded registration at the Indoor and Outdoor 3-D Provincial Championship events.
Regional Team Selection Criteria:
Achieve Regional Team criteria at 3 ABAM Sanctioned events during the qualification period, and participate in the Provincial Indoor and Outdoor 3-D Championships.
Team registration fee-$150
The goal of the ABAM 3-D Elite Team is help develop and enable team members to compete at Canadian National Championships, and select international events.
The focus will be on encouraging elite competition, in Manitoba and beyond, up to and including 3-D National/International major events.
Team resources include event flighting with team members, the chance to shoot with and learn from other archers, and discounted rates at all ABAM sanctioned events. Opportunity to participate in team fundraising activities, and access funds raised to attend select funded events. Elite Team members can also submit a request to access to Sport Manitoba Sport Psychologists, Nutritionists, and Strength Training. Team members are eligibility to apply for funding to compete in select National/International 3-D Major events.
Elite Team members will receive funded registration at the ABAM Indoor and Outdoor 3-D Championships.
Elite Team Selection Criteria:
Achieve Elite Team criteria at 3 ABAM sanctioned events during the qualification period, and participate in Indoor and Outdoor 3- Provincial Championships.
Team registration fee is $150
Calculation of Qualifying Scores
The qualifying period is July 1/2018 to July 27/2019.
Scores must be submitted to the Team leader, and include date, location of the event.
To be eligible for a grant, Provincial Team Members are required to compete in the category & class in which they qualified.
Final Qualifying Scores for all Categories will be based on complete event score (40 Targets for smaller events, 80 targets at Nationals)
Categories not specified in the Qualification Schedule will not be funded.
Additional Funding Criteria
World Archery 3-D Championship
Athletes qualifying as a member of the Canadian National 3D Team for the World Archery 3-D championships will be eligible to apply to receive a $1000.00 grant for attendance at the World Archery 3D championship.
All Provincial Team Grants are dependent upon funding, shall be reviewed annually and may be subject to change throughout the year.