2018/2019 ABAM Provincial 3D Team Leader
The ABAM 3D Committee is seeking a candidate to serve in the volunteer role of Provincial 3D Team Leader in 2018/2019. The application process will close end of day, Friday July 20, 2018. The selection of the position will be made by the ABAM 3D Committee on Monday July 23, 2018.
To apply please download the application form, fill out and submit by mail or email to the ABAM Office.
Download Word Version of Application: Click Here
Download PDF Version of Application: Click Here
ABAM – Provincial 3D Team Leader
Role & Selection
The Provincial 3D Team Leader will be required to support the ABAM 3D Committee, and Executive Director with planning and athlete management duties associated to team competitions & training events.
The role will be appointed annually by the 3D Committee under an application, review and recommendation procedure. In addition to the program team event planning duties, the 3D Team Leader will assume the role of athlete manager at events identified by the 3D Committee.
In the absence of the 3D Team Leader, Alternate Team Leader Applications per event will be evaluated and selected by the 3D Committee.
Position Term will be July 23, 2018 – Friday April 19, 2019
- Proven ability and experience in athlete, youth and volunteer management
- Demonstrated understanding of 3D Archery competition formats
- Valid First Aid & CPR certification
- Valid Sport Manitoba “Respect in Sport” Online Education
- Valid Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks (Every 2 years)
- Valid ABAM Staff Agreement
Program Operations & Support
- Work with Executive Director and 3D Committee on Event Administration & Logistics.
- Assist with planning and execution of team training events.
- Assist with communication to athlete and parents regarding program tasks.
- Assist with planning of Provincial Team promotion and recruiting
- Work with athletes during competitions & training events
- Create and execute a program task list annually
- Scout talent at local competitions and programs
- Assist with promotion of Provincial Team Program Events
- Sit as a full member of the ABAM 3D Committee
Power of Decision
The Team Leader shall participate in meetings specific to the job requirements and will be responsible to make recommendations where necessary. The individual is required to communicate with the Executive Director to have decisions approved by the ABAM 3D Committee.
Reimbursement of Expenses Incurred
The 3D Team Leader will be reimbursed for costs incurred as it relates to travel specific to Team Training & Competition. All Team training & competition events must be approved by the ABAM 3D Committee prior to the date the expenses are incurred. Locally, mileage will be provided at a rate of $0.35/KM for any travel outside the Perimeter of Winnipeg. Costs incurred as it relates to out of province travel will be reimbursed as determined by the 3D Committee & approved by the Executive Committee.
Funding for travel to national events to be recommended by the 3D ABAM Committee, followed be final approval from the ABAM Executive Committee