- This event has passed.
January 12 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
The ABAM is proud to announce the creation of a new pilot program, MYGOLD (Manitoba Youth Games & Olympic Long-term Development) geared toward recurve athletes of the intermediate to advance levels. The program will provide the tools and coaching to take archers from the advanced lessons and introduction to competition stage to the level necessary to meet criteria for Manitoba Games, Canada Games and our Provincial Team Program. The coaches leading the pilot will be Avril Hatherell and Carrie Minion, both long time archers that have recently trained under National Olympic Coach Shawn Riggs, as they continue training in the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) – Competition Development Program. The program details are as follows:
Overview: This program is to provide a platform to continue to implement the material and coaching from the Archery Canada – ABAM 2019 Canada Winter Games Training Camp as provided by National Coaches Shawn Riggs and Duncan Crawford.
Goal: The goal of this program is to provide coaching to developing youth recurve archers via a structured and professional programming.
Focus: Getting recurve archers to compete in indoor and outdoor events at increasingly higher levels, with goal of multi-sport games participation.
- Location: Heights Archery (2281 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB) for indoors (outdoor continuation & location TBA)
- Length: Two (2) Hours per session
- Day of the week: a mix of Saturday mornings & evenings, to offer training environments that are consistent with changing schedules of major events.
- Average Class Size – 10 athletes – 2 coaches
- Cost: $350 per block of 10 sessions.
- Archers should commit to a minimum of 8 of those sessions and will not be reimbursed for missed sessions.
- Dates & Times
- Jan 5, 12, 26 – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Feb 9 – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- March 9, 16, 30 – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- April 6 – 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- April 13 – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- April 27 – 6:30 – 8:30 PM