The ABAM is proud to announce the continuation of our successful MYGOLD (Manitoba Youth Games & Olympic Long-term Development) pilot program, geared toward recurve athletes of the intermediate to advance levels. The program provides the tools and coaching to take archers from the advanced lessons and introduction to competition stage to the level necessary to meet criteria for Manitoba Games, Canada Games and our Provincial Team Program. The coaches leading the program are Avril Hatherell and Carrie Minion, both long time archers trained at the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) level of “Competition Development”. Additionally, both coaches have recently trained under National Olympic Coach Shawn Riggs at the ABAM Canada Winter Games Training Camp, as well as have led athletes to the Manitoba and Canada Games in the past two years.
Overview: The program mandate is to provide a platform to continue to implement material and coaching from our initial pilot program, based on the Archery Canada – ABAM 2019 Canada Winter Games Training Camp facilitated by National Coaches Shawn Riggs and Duncan Crawford. The Spring/Summer 2019 Session will be delivered outdoors, weather pending.
Goal: The goal of this program is to provide coaching to developing youth recurve archers via a structured and professional programming.
Focus: Getting recurve archers to compete in indoor and outdoor events at increasingly higher levels, with goal of multi-sport games participation (Manitoba Games, Canada Games, Provincial Team )
- Location: 17 Wing Archery Range (see map below) & ABAM Sanford Range (see map below) Heights Archery (2281 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB)
- Length: Two (2) Hours per session
- Day of the week: a mix of Friday, Saturday and Sunday later morning to evening to offer a variety environmental factors and training times that are consistent with changing schedules and range conditions at major events.
- Average Class Size – 10 athletes – 2 coaches
- Cost: $350 per block of 10 sessions.
- Archers are required commit to a minimum of 7 sessions of full package and will not be reimbursed for missed sessions in either package
- Dates & TimesMay 3, Friday 6 PM- 8 PM @ (Indoors – Heights Archery)
May 12, Sunday 1130 AM – 130 PM @ 17 Wing Range
May 26, Sunday 1130 AM – 130 PM @17 Wing RangeJune 2, Sunday 6 PM – 8 PM @ Sanford Range
June 16, Sunday 12 PM – 2 PM @ Sanford RangeJuly 5, Friday 6 – 8 PM @ Sanford Range
July 14, Sunday 12 PM – 2 PM @ Sanford Range
July 28, Sunday 6 PM – 8 PM @ Sanford RangeAug 3, *Saturday* 9 AM – 11 AM @ Sanford Range
Aug 18, Sunday 6 PM – 8 PM @ Sanford Range
REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2019 SESSION IS JUNE 1, 2019
TO REGISTER PLEASE GO TO: https://forms.gle/HNaRYH7phvA1sWcD7