The Archers & Bowhunters Association of Manitoba are seeking a candidate to fill the position of Provincial Target Team Head Coach. Interested applicants are required to submit their resume before Friday April 20, 2018. To view the job listing and full job description, please see below:
Provincial Target Team Head Coach
The Archers & Bowhunters Association of Manitoba (ABAM) is the Provincial Governing Body of the Sport of Archery in Manitoba. Our mission is to perpetuate, foster, and direct excellence in the sport of Archery. To achieve this mission, our vision is to provide leadership through the provision of programs, activities, facilities and financial support of archers.
- Organize athlete training and competition plans in cooperation with personal coaches and parents
- Communicate with personal coaches to monitor training and competitions
- Work with athletes during competitions & training events
- Create and execute a program task list annually
- Scout talent at local competitions and programs
- Sit as a member of the Athlete Development Committee
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must hold a recognized certification from a coaching or national association, with a desired equivalent to Canadian NCCP Level 3, or working toward a comparable level of certification – Competition Development, Competition High Performance.
- Should have proven ability and experience in developing a provincial level high performance development and competition program.
- Demonstrated technical expertise specific to the discipline assigned to coach
- Previous experience in Provincial level programs (coaching and training)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid & CPR certification
- Valid Sport Manitoba “Respect in Sport” Online Education
- Valid Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks (Annually)
- Valid ABAM Staff Agreement
The Provincial Coach will be compensated in the form of an honorarium or professional development opportunities, or combination of both. The honorarium amount and investment in professional development will be based on the qualifications of the candidate.
Honorarium & Professional Development amounts to be reviewed annually.
How to Apply: Resumes are to be sent by mail or email no later than Friday April 20, 2018 to:
Archers & Bowhunters Association of Manitoba
410 – 145 Pacific Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 2Z6
Full Job Description