2018 ABAM Provincial Target Team Manager
The ABAM Athlete Development Committee is seeking a candidate to serve in the volunteer role of Provincial Target Team Manager in 2018. The application process will close end of day, Friday March 16, 2018. The selection of the position will be made by the ABAM Executive Committee on Tuesday March 20.
To apply please download the application form, fill out and submit by mail or email to the ABAM Office.
Role & Selection
The Provincial Target Team Manager will be required to support the Provincial Head Coach (s), ABAM Athlete Development Committee, and Executive Director with planning, administrative and team promotional duties associated with team competitions & training events.
The role will be appointed annually by the executive committee under an application, review and recommendation procedure by the Athlete Development Committee. In addition to the program administrative duties of the role, the target team manager will assume the role at events identified by the athlete development committee.
In the absence of the Target Team Manager, Alternate Team Manager Applications per event will be evaluated and selection recommended by the athlete development committee. Final approval of the team manager will be under the authority of the executive committee.
- Proven ability and experience in athlete, youth and volunteer management
- Demonstrated understanding of target archery competition formats
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid & CPR certification
- Valid Sport Manitoba “Respect in Sport” Online Education
- Valid Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks (Annually)
- Valid ABAM Staff Agreement
Program Operations & Support
- Work with Executive Director, Provincial Coach & VP Athlete Development on Event Administration & Logistics.
- Assist with planning and execution of team training plans.
- Assist with communication to athlete, parents and personal coaches regarding program tasks. Tasks such as team training, competition planning, & volunteer initiatives.
- Assist with planning of Provincial Team promotion and recruiting
- Work with athletes during competitions & training events
- Create and execute a program task list annually
- Scout talent at local competitions and programs
- Assist with promotion of Provincial Team Program Events
- Sit as a full member of the Athlete Development Committee
Power of Decision
The coordinator shall participate in meetings specific to the job requirements and will be responsible to make recommendations where necessary. The individual is required to communicate with the Provincial Coach to have decisions approved by the ABAM Executive Committee, through communication with the Executive Director & VP Athlete Development.